The desire of the countries of our region to eradicate violence against women has led to important progress over the past 20 years. However, we still have great challenges ahead.
It is essential to understand and address the various types of violence against women in order to develop policies that address the high levels of insecurity, impunity and restrictions on society’s participation.
The dialogue being held in Pachuca (#DiálogoRegional2016) follows up on previous forums held to exchange good practices on gender, justice and violence organized by the CIM in Buenos Aires (2013), Pachuca (2014) and Medellin (2015). These forums, held to promote cooperation, increase understanding and exchange best practices, are key to moving towards ensuring the full right of women to live a life free from violence.
The goals of the meeting are to:
- Promote the exchange of ideas between government, civil society, academia and international organizations.
- Reflect on the challenges in the field.
- Share experiences, efforts and commitments that are having a positive impact on the continent.
- Address the causes and effects of violence, through intersectoral and community participation.
- Explore the possibility of cooperation between the countries of the region.