The 2nd Retreat was hosted with the generous support of Germany and Switzerland, and in close coordination with Bangladesh, Chile, Czech Republic, Ethiopia, Indonesia Kenya and Republic of Moldova who served the event co-hosts. We had more than 100 participants, from 48 countries, in addition to seven international organizations and other non-governmental stakeholders.
The main objectives of the retreat were:
- Discuss and carry out an in-depth analysis of the 2nd Inter-agency Task Force (IATF) Report on FfD, highlighting challenges, gaps, achievements and opportunities, in order to take advantage of the renewed FfD follow-up process, ensuring the implementation of its commitments in the build-up and strengthening of the Annual ECOSOC FfD Forum.
- Encourage informal and multi-stakeholder engagement with key issues in the financing for FfD agenda, through open, non-negotiative interactions and dialogue between FfD experts and key decision makers.
- Have exploratory discussions on the Annual ECOSOC FfD Forum modalities, format and deliverables, and how the recommendations of the FFD forum can make significant contributions to the HLPF.
The retreat summary includes a series of observations and recommendations on the IATF and other substantive issues on FfD, among other inputs, with the objective of providing an informal common ground in positions in order to achieve a successful FfD Forum, and enable and encourage fruitful intergovernmental discussions throughout the FfD process and in the lead-up to the HLPF.
Here you can also find the remarks of our key speakers:
- Intervention of Amb. Ulises Canchola, Acting Head of AMEXCID
- Intervention of Ms. Alicia Bárcena, Under-Secretary General of the United Nations and Executive Secretary of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
- Intervention of Amb. Michael Gerber, Special Envoy for Global Sustainable Development, Switzerland
- Intervention of Mr. Stephan Reichert, Deputy Head of Division, Donor Relations, Financing for Development Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Intervention of Amb. Marie Chatardova, PR of Czech Republic in NY and Vice President of ECOSOC, on behald of the President of ECOSOC
- Intervention of Amb. Dian Triansyah Djani, PR of Indonesia and President of the 2nd Committee
Find the pics from the Retreat! https://www.flickr.com/photos/amexcid/albums/72157683697338405