Mexicans can be proud of having the Formula 1 Grand Prix at the Hermanos Rodríguez Racetrack. Here are ten facts about this great event:
1. It is estimated that the week of the Mexican Grand Prix will yield $189 million dollars in earnings.
2. The event is expected to attract 100,000 domestic and foreign tourists between October 26 and November 1.
3. Over the next five years, this sporting event will yield earnings of two billion dollars and create 18,000 direct and indirect jobs.
4. The Mexican Grand Prix could reach 520 million viewers in 70 countries.
5. 91,300 people are expected on the day of the race.
6. The Hermanos Rodríguez Racetrack in Mexico City has hosted this race on 16 occasions.
7. The racetrack will host 10 teams in a pit building with 33 boxes.
8. The racetrack’s stands were expanded and a new Silver Tier was added, with a capacity for 110,000 fans.
9. The racetrack has a new design, making it suitable for any race format.
10. The racetrack media center will accommodate 500 journalists from around the world.