- We are working for a Prosperous Mexico, because in order to overcome the challenges of our time, we need a 21st century economy, not one from the last century: EPN
- So far during this Administration, record flows of Foreign Direct Investment have been received of over $156 billion USD.
- This is 50% above the comparable figure for the same period in the previous administration and is equivalent to 99% of the six-year target of the National Development Plan.
- Thanks to the increase in tax collection, equivalent to 5.5 points of GDP, it was possible to compensate for the drop in Oil Revenues, which fell from 40% to 16% of Total Revenues.
- In four and a half years, the number of tax payers has increased by 60%, which means an increase in the formal sector of our economy and that more Mexicans are contributing to the country’s development.
- For the first time in nearly 10 years, in 2017 there will be a primary surplus in public finances, which we will propose to continue in 2018. As a result, public debt will account for a lower proportion of GDP.
- In the energy sector, to date more over 120 domestic and foreign companies have pledged investments in excess of $80 billion USD.
- The structural change in Telecommunications led the price of fixed telephony to fall by 5%, mobile telephony by 43% and international long distance telephone by 40%. National long distance and roaming charges have also been eliminated.
The average annual growth of the Mexican economy in the first four years of this Administration has been 2.1%.
- This is higher than the 1.2% during the same period in the previous administration and the 1.4% in the one before that.
- For the first time in the past four six years, positive growth has been registered every year.
“Despite the uncertain international environment, Mexico is growing, attracting investments and creating jobs in a way it had not for decades”: EPN
- At this stage of the Administration, more jobs have already been created than in the whole of any other administration.
- For the first time in history, Enrique Peña Nieto’s government is about to have created over 3 million formal jobs in a six-year period.
- Increased employment has been accompanied by a recovery of purchasing power.
- The minimum wage increased by 11.5% in real terms between December 2012 and July 2017.
“This period has seen the greatest recovery of the minimum wage has been achieved for an equal period in the past 41 years”: EPN
- According to INEGI, between 2012 and 2016, the number of Internet users rose from 41 million to over 65 million, a 60% increase.
- According to the World Tourism Organization, in three years, Mexico moved up from 15th to eighth place, in international tourist arrivals.
- EN 2016, a record high of 35 million tourists from around the world was achieved, 50% more than in 2012.
Labor relations between entrepreneurs and workers
- In 46 months, there have been virtually no federal strikes, despite the fact that 39,000 salary and contractual reviews have been undertaken.
"In order to contribute to closing the equality gaps that divide the South of the country from the Center and the North of the Republic, the Special Economic Zones were created: EPN
- Its objective is to trigger new poles of development in regions with economic backwardness, and wasted productive potential.