“We are working for a Mexico at Peace by strengthening the conditions of democratic governance required for the country’s development.
We are doing so with an internal policy that fosters dialogue and agreements to resolve conflicts, find coincidences and create solutions in peaceful, institutional ways”: EPN
- A comprehensive strategy was established to improve coordination among security institutions, increase the use of intelligence systems against organized crime and prevent violence and crime.
- The renewal of the procurement and administration of justice was promoted.
- The Gendarmerie Division was created, under a police model of proximity to citizens. The Environmental Gendarmerie was also created, with more than a thousand members trained in the surveillance of our natural resources.
- A Career in the Police Force was also promoted. To date, 512,000 troops and over 8,000 commanders, from all the country’s police forces, have been trained.
- To date, 107 of the 122 most dangerous criminals have been neutralized.
“The participation of our Armed Forces, which contribute to guaranteeing the peace and tranquility of Mexican families, has been crucial to achieving this.
I would like to thank members of the Army, Navy and Air Force for their courage, loyalty and patriotism, and their noble service to Mexican society”: EPN
- In the first four years of this Administration, the incidence of common law crimes per 100,000 inhabitants was reduced.
- According to data from the National Institute of Statistics and Geography, between 2012 and 2015, the rate of intentional homicides per 100,000 inhabitants was reduced from 22.2 to 17.2. However, that result has since been reversed.
New Adversarial Criminal Justice System:
- It has operated throughout the country since June 2016.
- Nine out of 10 pesos invested to achieve this were allocated during the current administration, totaling approximately 20 billion pesos.
“The National Transparency System and the National Anticorruption System are part of a new scaffolding in favor of legality. They are the two institutional pillars for sustaining integrity and honesty in Public Service and in society as a whole”: EPN
- The creation of a single emergency number, 911 made it possible to reduce the over 500 numbers that existed to just one, which improves the responsiveness of protection services.
- In terms of human rights, the National Human Rights Commission’s recommendations to the Federal Public Administration were reduced by 30%, from 63 in 2012 to 44 in 2016.