“The National Inclusion Strategy was designed on the basis of the experience gained during the first part of the Administration, which has made it possible to reduce multidimensional poverty, in other words, to combat social deprivation and increase families’ income”: EPN
According to CONEVAL's most recent poverty level measurement between 2012 and 2016:
- 1.1 million more people have better quality homes with better spaces.
- 1.2 million more people have basic services, such as water, electricity and drainage.
- 1.3 million more people overcame educational backwardness.
- 2.8 million more Mexicans have sufficient healthy, varied food.
- 3.4 more millions Mexicans have social security.
- And 6.2 more million Mexicans have access to health services.
”It points out that, from 2014 to 2016, two million people stopped living in extreme poverty. The end of extreme poverty, in less than a decade, is now viable if we continue at this rate”: EPN
- Thanks to the record increase in employment, 7.5 million beneficiaries have been incorporated into Social Security, making a total of 65 million.
- This universe includes 6.6 million students from public high school and higher education institutions who can now exercise their right to health.
- 17.8 million people joined or re-joined the Popular Insurance scheme. This system now protects more than 53 million Mexicans.
The country’s medical and hospital infrastructure
- During this administration, over 74 billion dollars have been invested.
- Health care and the operation of hospitals have been improved, reducing waiting times for appointments and surgeries and increasing the supply of medication.
- Maternal Mortality was reduced by 18%; while the Infant Mortality Rate fell by 6%.
- The New National Housing Policy promotes the construction and acquisition of social housing in areas close to the sources of employment with adequate urban services.
- In June 2017, 99% of the households registered in the Single New Housing Registry had at least two rooms.
“This is a very important change, because it addresses overcrowding and encourages a better quality of life”: EPN
- In 2016, the government promoted a New Urban Agenda, which promotes safer, healthier cities for the proper development of families.
- Between January 2013 and June 2017, national housing agencies implemented 5.2 million financing and subsidy actions.
- INFONAVIT and FOVISSSTE have made a major contribution. One of every four loans that these agencies have provided since their foundation 45 years ago have been granted during this Administration.
“As a result of the creation of the National System for the Comprehensive Protection of Children and Adolescents, priority is given to this population group in public policies”: EPN
- Cross-cutting actions in favor of substantive equality between men and women, the inclusion of vulnerable groups and the integration of people with disabilities are implemented and concluded.
- Examples of these programs include the Justice Centers for Women and the creation of a Line of Attention to Victims of Gender Violence.
- The government is creating better development conditions for Indigenous Peoples.
- Over half the schools where One Hundred Per Cent Schools and Full Time Schools operate are located in communities with indigenous populations.
- As a result of the Total Coverage Strategy for basic services, 540 more indigenous localities have potable water, drainage and electricity today.
- Moreover, productive initiatives have been launched, such as Indigenous Peoples and Indigenous Hands-Mexican Quality, which contribute to the commercialization of their products and highlight pride in their roots.