President Enrique Peña Nieto received Commissioner of the National Football League (NFL) Roger S. Goodell at Los Pinos today.
The sporting event between the Oakland Raiders and the Houston Texans will be held in the Aztec Stadium on Monday.
The two men discussed the sport with the highest number of fans in the US.
Mexico has been confirmed as an open, cosmopolitan nation, with tourist services on a par with the best in the world, declared the General Coordinator of Social Communication and Government Spokesman.
1. The game will be seen by 35 million fans in the United States.
2. Mexico will score more goals during its current tourism boom. Between January and September of this year, tourism earned $14.5 billion USD, 9.6 percent more than during the same period in 2015.
3. By staging international sporting events such as Formula 1 and the American football league, NFL, Mexico has been confirmed as an open, cosmopolitan nation, with tourist services on a par with the best in the world.
4. This event, he said, is expected to yield approximately $80 million USD in ticket sales, sponsorships, lodging, food and transportation as a result of the competing teams, Oakland Raiders and Houston Texans, visitors, and media coverage.
5. The stadium expects over 75,000 spectators, including 10,000 from abroad.
6. Mexico has over 25 million American football fans, the largest number outside the United States, making it the country’s second most popular sport after soccer.
7. According to the NFL, Mexico City has the seventh largest number of fans of this sport, after six US cities.
8. Between January and September of this year, the record for the amount of foreign exchange obtained from tourist activities was broken yet again: $14.5 billion USD were earned, a 9.6 percent increase over the same period in 2015, while the number of international travelers and individual spending per tourist have increased in similar proportions.
9. Mexico has improved its field position in the competition for world tourism, and is now ranked among the world’s top 10 destinations.