OCTOBER 18, 19 & 20 2017
Marriott Union Square - San Francisco, CA
The Mexican Association of PE & VC Funds (AMEXCAP) and The Mexican Entrepreneur Association (AEM) invite you to three days of entrepreneurship, investment, technology and innovation with the Mexico VC Day and Innovation Forum.
Conferences and panels with world-class experts
Visits to top organizations leading innovation in San Francisco and Silicon Valley
Promo Code for contacts of:
PROMO CODE: VCDY17PRM68
SALE 20% applying the promo code over the Non-Member price
To know the packages and registration link, click here below
*Is the same promo code for all links*
AMEXCAP is proud to showcase - for its fifth consecutive year - Mexico's vibrant entrepreneurial and Venture Capital ecosystems, which has rapidly blossomed for the last several years.
The Mexico VC Day unites the most dynamic VC industry players, such as: General Partners, Entrepreneurs, Institutional Investors, specialist service providers, policy makers, Business Accelerators and Incubators, from Mexico and the United States to discuss the latest trends, business opportunities and hot sectors of Venture Capital investments in Mexico.
AMEXCAP is delighted to invite you to its fifth consecutive Mexico VC Day, which will take place on October 19th, 2017 at the Marriott Union Square Hotel in San Francisco. Mexico has faced many challenges during 2017: from gloomy forecasts about its economy earlier this year, to Trump's protectionist economic policy, as well as two major earthquakes in September.
However, Mexico has undeniable factors playing in its favor, like:
- Market potential
- Young population
- Talented and creative entrepreneurs
- Growing purchasing power of its middle class
- Population density that translates into diverse market needs and opportunities to test the startups' solutions
- Underserved sectors, which can be a synonymous of business opportunities
- Geographical closeness to the US
- Entrepreneurial support by Government Institutions and regulations
MEXICO VC DAY 2016
During the 2016 edition we welcomed:
- Over 200 participants
- 15 LP firms
- 53 speakers who shared their specialized views about the VC and Entrepreneurial ecosystems, including the keynote speakers:
* Jeff Jordan, General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
* Gemi José González, Consul General of Mexico in San Francisco
* Jeff Shotts, CFO, Evernote
* Todd Rufo, Office of Economic Development, City of San Francisco
* Other important speakers from previous editions:
Fernando Aportela Rodríguez, Former Undersecretary of Finance
and Public Credit, Secretariat of Finance and Public Credit
Edwin Lee, San Francisco's Mayor
Salomón Chertoriviski, Mexico City's Minister of Development
Patrick Gallagher, General Partner, CrunchFund
Randy Reddig, Member of the Founding Team, Square Inc.
Don Dodge, Developer Advocate, Google Ventures
MEXICO VC DAY 2017's
AMEXCAP extends an invitation to all entrepreneurs interested in an opportunity to pitch their companies to Venture Capital Funds from Mexico and Silicon Valley, which will take place during the lunch session of the Mexico VC Day 2017.
- Round A: from USD $500,000 to USD $2,000,000.
- Follow-on Rounds: from USD $2,000,000 and onwards.
Submission deadline: October 2, 2017 at 8:00 pm (Mexico City local time).
'Winners will be announced on October 5, 2017 and they'll pitch their companies on October 19, 2017 during the Mexico VC Day lunch.
- Be a Mexican entrepreneur or a worldwide entrepreneur with a project seeking for integration between both countries.
- Have a company looking for its 1st investment round (Round A) (3 spaces available)
- Have a company that has previously raised capital and is looking for a follow-on investment round (7 spaces available)
- Companies must have at least one year of operations
- The speaker needs to be able to perfectly communicate in English.
- Speaker must be the company's CEO, Founder or COO, at least.
All interested entrepreneurs must submit the following information before October 2, 2017:
- Complete the application form: CLICK HERE
- Send the company's One Pager
- Upload a video in English with an "elevator pitch" (2 minutes maximum, speaker must be the one who will pitch if selected. The video can be recorded with a smartphone)
- Send the "application form", the "One Pager and the" video " to Sergio Margalef:
All projects will be evaluated by an independent committee comprised by AMEXCAP's VC Funds and AMEXCAP's Executive team.
*Travel expenses are not included, these must be covered by the entrepreneurs.
*Winners will be exempt from the USD $150 "Entrepreneur fee" and all contestants will earn a 10% discount off the "Entrepreneur fee" for their participation.
OCTOBER 18, 2017
TECHNOLOGY IS SHAPING THE WORLD IN A DISRUPTIVE WAY
The 4th industrial revolution, technology and economic disruption
Keynote speakers from innovation centers will share with us their vision of the 4th Industrial
Revolution and how the technology is changing the world.
With the participation of Paulo Carreño King, Director of PROMEXICO Mexican leaders will talk about the importance of including Mexico in this Industry 4.0, so they can be key players in this worldwide transformation.
Keynote speeches and panels: 4 main technologies
Learn about the application of the following technologies in differents industries with experts.
OCTOBER 20, 2017
VISITS TO LANDMARK ORGANIZATIONS
IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE IN THE MOST INNOVATIVE
ECOSYSTEM IN SAN FRANCISCO & SILICON VALLEY
ACCOMMODATIONS IN SAN FRANCISCO
MARRIOTT UNION SQUARE HOTEL
480 SUTTER STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94108, USA
Special room rates are available for accommodations during October 17, 18 and 19, (checkout on October 20).
Special AMEXCAP rate: $299.00 USD per night, (per person, plus taxes).
To enjoy these special rates, please use the code: MEXICO VC DAY
Call in reservations: 1-(800) 228-9290 & 1-866-912-0973
Online reservations: click here
This special room rate will be available until October 6, 6:00 pm (PST).
*Each attendee is responsible for their own room reservation.
*Sponsoring opportunities are still available.
General details and sponsorships, please contact:
Martha Terres: firstname.lastname@example.org
+52 (55) 5083 5090 - 92