President Enrique Peña Nieto today toured the area of the “Pajaritos” petrochemical complex where an explosion occurred yesterday to monitor the civil protection actions and medical care for those injured in the incident.
• He told them that the authorities will ensure that PEMEX and Mexichem, the company with which it is associated, take responsibility and deliver the corresponding compensation.
• He also visited the Regional Hospital of Minatitlán, where several of the injured have been hospitalized. Twenty-four people have been hospitalized because of the explosion, 13 with serious injuries.
• The most important thing at the moment is for the injured persons to receive proper medical care, he said.
• • The authorities will ensure that PEMEX and Mexichem, the company with which it is associated, take responsibility and deliver the corresponding compensation.
• The protocols identifying the bodies will be streamlined, in order for them to be handed over as soon as possible.
• The Attorney General will assist with the investigation that the state authority is conducting to establish responsibilities.
• The Civil Protection protocol has been lifted, because there is no longer any risk to the population.