In 2015, steps were taken to narrow the equality
gap on several fronts:
1. The Federal Law on Special Economic Zones, approved
by the House of Representatives, was submitted to Congress.
2. Approximately 500,000 dwellings were built.
3. 9.7 million flat screens were distributed to
poor households to integrate them into digital television.
4. 8,300 community kitchens began operating this year.
5. Over 23 billion pesos were invested in favor of effective
equality between men and women.
6. The National Strategy for the Prevention of Teen
Pregnancy was implemented.
7. The Youth Credit Program was launched, in which
more than 55,000 young people participate, designing their business models.