President Enrique Peña Nieto, accompanied by his wife, Angélica Rivera de Peña, met at the official residence of Los Pinos with members of the Mexican Society of Authors and Composers (SACM), headed by their leader, Armando Manzanero.
The president listened to various suggestions from members of the SACM, as well as their proposal to promote the work of Mexican composers and authors through the Mexican Radio Institute (IMER).
Credit will be given to Mexican authors and composers for the music played, as well as to the musicians involved, In all the IMER stations.
XEB, “The Capital B of Mexico” will include additional bars, programs and music show:
- Musical novelties, presenting recent music in a 30-minute bar.
- Five-minutes capsules with the biographies of authors and composers as an introduction to excerpts from songs and pieces.
- Composers of yesteryear, a daily, 30-minute bar with music by composers who have already died.
- Weekly, 30-minute interviews.
- Special programs on important dates in keeping with a schedule established by the IMER and SACM.
- Broadcast of concerts at the SACM’s Roberto Cantoral Hall.
The president instructed the director of IMER to launch this proposal as soon as possible to promote the works of Mexican composers and authors.