Social Communication Coordinator and President’s Spokesman Eduardo Sánchez Hernández, together with Chancellor Claudia Ruiz Massieu, gave a press conference on President Enrique Peña Nieto’s working trips scheduled for next week.
“The strategic partnerships with other nations, promoted by President Enrique Peña Nieto, have strengthened Mexico's position as a reliable country in the midst of institutional transformation.
In this administration, $110 billion dollars in foreign investment have been obtained, which translate into more, well-paid jobs.” Eduardo Sánchez Hernández.
State Visit to Canada
President Enrique Peña Nieto will be in Canada on June 27, 28 and 29.
This state visit is an opportunity to renew ties between the nations, through the commitments President Enrique Peña Nieto and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made during their meeting at the G20 Summit held in Antalya, Turkey last year.
Partnerships will be strengthened between the two countries on climate change, renewable energy; educational and innovation exchanges, among other issues.
President Enrique Peña Nieto will also participate in meetings with businessmen and young people from both countries.
Mexico – Canada Bilateral Relations:
- Nearly 100,000 Mexicans live in Canada, home to the second largest overseas Mexican community after the United States.
- Over 60,000 Canadians have decided to settle permanently in Mexico.
- Trade between the two countries exceeded $36 billion USD in 2015.
- Canada is Mexico’s third largest trading partner.
- Over 3,500 Canadian companies have set up business in Mexico. The agreements that will be reached with Canada will consolidate a common front for the prosperity of the citizens of both countries. México is the continental axis connecting the north with the south, the Pacific with the Atlantic.
Eighth North American Leaders’ Summit
The Eighth North American Leaders' Summit will be held on Wednesday 29, with the participation of Enrique Peña Nieto of Mexico and Barak Obama of the United States and the host Justin Trudeau of Canada.
Issues to be addressed:
- Climate change, clean energy and environment.
- Security and defense and
- Cooperation in regional and global affairs.
The leaders will seek to consolidate North America’s leadership as the world’s most prosperous and competitive region.
Eleventh Pacific Alliance Summit in Chile
After his stay in Canada, the president and his entourage will travel to Puerto Varas in Chile, where they will remain on June 30 and July 1.
In the framework of the Eleventh Summit of the Pacific Alliance, Enrique Peña Nieto, together with his counterparts from Chile, Colombia and Peru, will strengthen the areas of economic, scientific, technological and social cooperation between the four countries.
“Mexico is confirmed as fundamental factor in the union of peoples and economies, which translates into more development opportunities for Mexicans”: Eduardo Sánchez Hernández.