President Enrique Peña
Nieto and Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani held a meeting at the
National Palace, where they agreed to begin a new stage and renew ties between
the two countries. They
witnessed the signing of five agreements and memorandums of understanding.
1. Air Services Agreement, which seeks to establish
commercial passenger flights between Doha and the Federal District.
2. Memorandum of Understanding between the Bank of
Mexico and the Central Bank of Qatar, to exchange information and experience
regarding banking regulation, supervision and monitoring.
3. Technical Cooperation Agreement, to promote cooperation in
economic, commercial, technical, industrial, mining, energy, agriculture,
communications, transport, construction, labor, tourism, education, science and
technology issues, among others.
4. Memorandum of Understanding on Youth Cooperation to promote the
development of young people in both countries.
5. Memorandum of Understanding between the Mexican
Business Council for Foreign Trade, Investment and Technology and the Chamber
of Commerce and Industry of Qatar, to increase economic ties between the two
countries, through coordination between the two business organizations.
Moreover, President Enrique Peña Nieto accepted
Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani’s invitation to visit Qatar.