He will also attend bilateral meetings with his counterparts from the member countries of the Pacific Alliance, and other nations, and with His Excellency Ban Ki-Moon, UN Secretary General.
The 70th UN General Assembly is expected to be attended by 100 heads of state and government. Mexico will attempt to influence the UN agenda by promoting issues our country considers crucial, including:
- The recognition of migrants’ contribution to development;
- Social and economic inclusion as the basis for combating inequality;
- The recognition of access to water as a human right;
- The adoption of gender equality from a human rights perspective;
- Promoting the rule of law as an enabler of development.
The president will also advocate the comprehensive reform of the Security Council to strengthen the United Nations’ commitment to maintaining international peace and security; and will address the world drug problem in order to combine countries' efforts to combat it.