The Institute for Mexicans Abroad (IME) invites children from between 6 and 14 years of age to participate in this year’s children’s drawing contest: "Let's Paint Mexico’s Traditions and Music Together.” The contest is coordinated through all of Mexico’s consulates and embassies, and by the Foreign Ministry’s delegations in Mexico. For the first time, the contest has been designed to encourage teamwork amongst the participants.
The contest invites children to draw the landscapes, stories, characters, customs and images brought to mind by the songs they hear about Mexico and the Mexican traditions with which they are familiar.
The contest seeks to encourage the participants to engage in teamwork and cooperation in order to put their ideas on paper.
1. The drawing must be done by a team (minimum of two children).
2. Fill out the registration form and paste it on the back of the sheet.
3. The team must choose a title and include a brief description of the drawing.
4. Children living abroad should send their drawing to the closest Mexican embassy or consulate. See the Directory of Consulates and Embassies.
5. Children living in Mexico should submit their drawings to the nearest Foreign Ministry Delegation. See the Directory of Delegations.
6. Send a photo of the drawing and your completed registration form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The deadline for submitting the drawing is Friday, September 30, 2016.
The results will be published on Tuesday, November 22. See the complete announcement on the IME website.