President Enrique Peña Nieto received President of the Swiss Confederation Johann Schneider-Ammann, currently on a state visit, at the Nacional Palace.
Switzerland is a stable, prosperous country, with high levels of welfare for its population. It is an open economy and the most competitive one in the world, according to the World Economic Forum.
"Switzerland is a symbol of peace, democracy and freedom for the world. It is the proud home of more than 200 international organizations that fight for the best causes of humanity”: EPN
This state visit consolidates bilateral relations through the creation of the Mexico-Switzerland Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
At present, over 800 companies with Swiss capital operate in Mexico.
Five agreements were signed today to strengthen bilateral cooperation between Mexico and Switzerland.
1. Agreement between the United Mexican States and the Swiss Confederation on Regular Air Services.
2. Letter of Intent between the Mexican Education Secretariat and the Secretariat of State for Education, Research and Innovation of the Swiss Confederation on Cooperation in Education and Technical and Vocational Training.
3. Letter of Intent between the Mexican Education Secretariat and the Federal Department of Home Affairs of the Swiss Confederation on the negotiation of a Cooperation Instrument for Bicultural Swiss Schools in Mexico.
4. Memorandum of Understanding between the Mexican Health Secretariat and the Federal Department of Home Affairs of the Swiss Confederation on Cooperation in the Regulation of Medical Supplies.
5. Cooperation Agreement between the Mexican Attorney General’s Office and the Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry FH.
I am sure that our similar values and visions will allow us to tap the huge potential for opportunities and benefits for both societies. EPN