Several activities and actions were undertaken in September that will enable us to bring to Mexico to its full potential; below are some of the figures and numbers associated with them:
- The Bulevar Industria Automotriz in Puebla involved an investment of 729 million pesos and benefits 762,000 people.
- The DP Distributor Road entailed an 883 million peso investment.
- 1, 400 students graduated from 29 educational institutions in the military education system; and another 3,200 are continuing or beginning their training.
- The Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, signed by 189 governments, turned 20 this month.
- First year of the yosoymexicano platform
- This year we celebrate 205 years since the beginning of Mexico's independence and 100 years since the creation of the Mexican Air Force.
- The military parade commemorating the Independence of our country involved the participation of 2, 167 elements of the Mexican Air Force;
2,827 members of the Mexican Secretariat of the Navy; 6,577 elements of the Mexican Army; 739 members of the Federal Police; 100 elements of the National Association of Charros and the Mexican Federation of Charrería, 90 aircraft, 339 vehicles, 14 boats, 240 livestock and 26 dogs.
- Mexico met the 26 commitments of the Open Government Partnership.
- This month marked the 30th anniversary of the earthquake of September 19, 1985.
- The Open Government Partnership was launched four years ago.
- 79 kilometers of the Salamanca-Leon Highway were inaugurated with a total investment of 3.45 billion pesos and an average traffic flow of 8, 900 vehicles a day.
- The 108th Infantry Battalion in Jojutla, Morelos has the capacity to accommodate 500 elements.
- 10 Mexican restaurants placed within the top 50 in Latin America.
- The new COMPAS plant in Aguascalientes will have an investment of S1.2 billion USD and generate over 3,600 direct jobs.
- The Los Azufres III Geothermal Power Station Phase I will prevent the release into the atmosphere of more than 177,000 tons of carbon dioxide a year, equivalent to stopping 155,000 vehicles from polluting.
- Mexico is the country with the fourth largest total installed capacity for generating electricity from geothermal energy.
- The 70th Session of the UN General Assembly.
- President Enrique Peña Nieto’s initiative involves three Special Economic Zones: The Inter-Oceanic Industrial Corridor, in the Isthmus of Tehuantepec; Puerto Chiapas and the municipalities of Michoacán and Guerrero adjoining the port of Lázaro Cárdenas.