September, a month in motion.
What happened? What were the main events on President Enrique Peña Nieto’s agenda? Find out now!
- During his Third State of the Union Address, President Enrique Peña Nieto announced 10 measures to strengthen the rule of law, promote economic growth and fight inequality.
- The Bulevar Industria Automotriz in Puebla and the D9 Distributor Road were inaugurated.
• The 2016 Economic Package, a package of laws and amendments to the fiscal framework that is responsible, realistic and includes strict austerity measures, was submitted to Congress.
- President Enrique Peña Nieto received the athletes who participated in the Pan Am and Parapan Am Games in Toronto 2015.
- The 168th Anniversary of Heroic Deed of the Boy Heroes of Chapultepec was celebrated.
- Some courses at the 29 campuses of the Military Education System came to an end while others began.
- We celebrate Mexico! The Cry of Independence ceremony and the military parade commemorating the date were celebrated throughout the country.
• The president met with the Armed Forces that participated in the military parade.
- The Civil Protection Award 2015 was presented.
- President Enrique Peña Nieto met with the six tourists injured during the unfortunate incident that took place on September 13 in Egypt; and with the relatives of those who were killed.
- To mark the 30th anniversary of the 1985 earthquake, a flag was raised in memory of the victims and a large-scale earthquake drill conducted throughout the country.
- The Salamanca-León highway was inaugurated.
- In Jojutla Morelos, President Peña Nieto saluted the 108th Infantry Battalion and inaugurated its facilities with accommodation for 500 elements.
- The president received the winning male and female Homeless World Cup teams at the official residence of Los Pinos.
- Daimler AG directors announced the start of construction of the automobile company’s new car plant in the state of Aguascalientes.
- President Enrique Peña Nieto met with the parents of the Ayotzinapa student teachers, to whom he repeated the government’s commitment to clarifying the facts.
- The Los Azufres III Geothermal Electrical Power Station, Phase 1 was inaugurated in Michoacán.
- President Enrique Peña Nieto participated in the 70th session of the UN General Assembly.
- The Federal Special Economic Zones Bill was submitted to Congress.