President Enrique Peña Nieto inaugurated PROTEAK UNO’s Tecnotabla Panel Plant, which assigned an investment of $200 million USD to the state of Tabasco.
“This is a model of what can be done for the environment. The development of forest and commercial plantations fulfills two purposes: on the one hand, the reforestation of our country, and on the other, which also serves corporate purposes, obtaining profits for those individuals and companies who decide to invest in this activity”. EPN
The President highlighted Mexico’s commitment to taking care of the environment and boosting economic activity in harmony with full respect for the natural setting.
- Mexico is committed to the development of commercial forest areas.
- It is possible to reforest and take advantage of forest areas. And it is possible to do so for a commercial purpose.
- He presented the ratification of the Paris Agreement to the United Nations, which commits Mexico, along with other nations, to take action to reduce climate change and prevent the temperature from continuing to rise.
- In December of this year, Mexico will host more than 10,000 people from all over the world who will attend the Conference of the Parties 13 (COP13) on Biological Diversity. It will host the event because of the richness of its biological diversity.
- This Conference of the Parties will address four key issues and establish new models for the development of forestry, fishing, tourism and agriculture”.
“It is time to implement new paradigms, new models of sustainable development with respect for the environment, which is what it means to be sustainable: productive activities that generate employment and development and are also absolutely environmentally friendly”. EPN