Earlier today, President Enrique Peña Nieto
delivered infrastructure projects in the state of Tabasco: the La Pigua Distributor Road and the expansion of its boulevard.
• Benefits The works delivered benefits over 650,000 residents of Tabasco
• In addition to connecting the municipalities of
Central and Centla, they will boost the region’s tourism and industrial,
commercial and agricultural development.
• A total of $1.026 billion pesos was invested.
• During their construction, 1,200 direct jobs were created.
• A budget of nearly 6 million pesos, will permit
the completion of the Villahermosa Bypass and the modernization of the Villahermosa-Escárcega
Road on the Macuspana stretch to the border with the state of Campeche.
• The two works are particularly important because
they improve traffic in Villahermosa while streamlining connectivity between
the Mexican south-east and the rest of the country.
New Road Infrastructure
This administration has given an unprecedented
boost to the construction of communications and transport, water, energy and
In the communications sector, $294 billion pesos have been invested in
three years to undertake 279 infrastructure projects in every state in the country.
32 distributor roads have been built, with another
nine scheduled for completion this year. The goal for
2018 is to have 50 more distributors more than at the beginning of the