President Peña Nieto also ordered the state authorities to step up prevention measures.
The @gobmx is ready to support local efforts to assist the population”: @EPN
If you are in Michoacán, Colima, Jalisco or Nayarit or if you have friends or relatives in these states, follow the Civil Protection Department’s recommendations:
· Take every precaution in the event of heavy to torrential rain, electrical storms or powerful storms.
· Take particular care of invalids, senior citizens, children and poor people.
· Take care while driving: drive slowly on highways and country roads, fords and bridges and if necessary, look for alternative routes.
· Avoid crossing fords, rivers and bodies of water where water levels have risen.
· Watch out for possible mudslides, falling rocks and mud flows in mountain areas and floods.
· Be careful during strong winds. Pay particular attention to weak materials and damage to billboards and electricity cables.
Keep track of the latest developments at @conagua_clima and @PcSegob en Twitter.