• They are mainly responsible for providing part of the oxygen we breathe and eliminating carbon dioxide.
• They reduce wind speed.
• They reduce noise pollution.
• They reduce air pollution.
• Forests regulate the climate.
• They provide shade and protect us from ultraviolet rays.
The National Forestry Commission (CONAFOR)'s goal for 2013-2018 is the integral restoration of a million hectares, which includes reforestation, conservation works, soil restoration and the protection of forest areas.
It is important to protect and reforest our forests since they provide oxygen, water, food and raw materials, as well as protecting us from climate change.