Accompanied by Secretary of National Defense Salvador Cienfuegos and Secretary of the Navy Vidal Soberón, the president reviewed the troops stationed in Constitution Square.
Afterwards, from the central balcony of the National Palace, the president observed the parade accompanied by his wife, Angélica Rivera Peña; the presidents of the Chamber of Deputies and the Senate, and the President of the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation.
At the end, Major General Aviation Pilot and Certified Air Staff Course Graduate Carlos Antonio Rodríguez Munguía announced that the military parade had passed without mishap, and involved:
- A monumental flag, 79 war flags, and a prow flag
- 2,167 elements of the Mexican Air Force
- 2,827 members of the Mexican Secretariat of the Navy
- 6,577 members of the Mexican Army
- 739 members of the Federal Police
- 100 items belonging to the National Association of Charros and the Mexican Federation of Charrería
- 90 aircraft, 339 vehicles, 14 boats, 240 livestock and 26 dogs, within a period of 1 hour and 38 minutes
Four thousand eight hundred elements also participated in the presentation of monumental murals on Mexico’s Independence.