Here are 10 points to learn more about the OGP and its importance:
1. Every two years, the Open Government Partnership (OGP) organizes a Global Summit; this year the venue is Mexico.
2. Mexico assumed the chairmanship of the Steering Committee of the Partnership as of October 2014 for a period of one year.
3. This summit brings together the worldwide open government community; the OGP currently comprises 66 countries.
4. The aim of the summit is to exchange experiences and share best practices and advances in open government.
5. The Summit will provide key information to the participating countries, which will help them achieve the new Sustainable Development Goals for the period 2015-2030.
6. It brings together representatives of government, academia, civil society and multilateral organizations throughout the world; over 100 countries on five continents.
7. It will be attended by more than 3,500 people.
8. Five hundred nationally and internationally renowned speakers will participate.
9. During the inauguration, Open Government Awards will be presented to recognize the best Open Government projects developed by member countries of the Partnership.
10. Mexico will be receive an award for one of the best projects in Latin America for the project "Social Participation in IMSS Daycare Centers,” which encourages parents to participate in monitoring hygiene and safety and improving conditions in daycare centers.